New play features returning cast
The staff of the play based on natsuki takaya‘s Fruit basquet manga revealed on Friday that a second stage play titled Fruit Basket Season 2 will take place from October 6 to 15 in Tokyo. The staff revealed the main cast and a teaser video for the new play.
The new play will feature a returning cast. New cast members include:
- Shō Ayanagi as Akito Sohma
- Iori Noguchi as Isuzu Sohma
- Daiki Miyoshi as Kureno Sohma
- Masatoshi Shin as Kakeru Manabe
- Marina Horuchi as Machi Kuragi
The first stage play was held from March 4 to 13 at Nihonbashi Mitsui Hall in Tokyo. Nobuhiro Mori wrote the play and executive produced it, and Tarō Hasegawa directed the play. Photos of Avex broadcast the play worldwide on March 12, and aired the play with English subtitles on March 24.
The first play starring:
- Ayano-Christie Yoshida as Tohru Honda
- Naoya Kitagawa as Yuki Sohma
- Shohei Hashimoto as Kyo Sohma
- Hiroki Nakada as Ayame Sohma
- Shōgo Tamura as Hatsuharu Sohma
- Ruito Koga as Momiji Soma
- Yūna Sekine as Kagura SohmaY
- Yuto Adachi as Ritsu Soma
- Chisato Minami as Arisa Uotani
- yukari nakamura as Saki Hanajima
- Yuria Haga as Kyoko Honda
- Seiya Inagaki as Kazuma Sohma
- Yu Imari as Hatori Sohma
- Yuya Asato as Shigure Sohma
The manga inspired a 26-episode series in 2001, and then a three-season reboot anime series that aired between 2019 and 2021. The reboot series also received a compilation film titled Fruit basket -prelude- which opened in Japan on February 18.
Takaya serialized the original Fruit basquet sleeve in Hakusensha‘s Hana to Yume magazine from 1998-2006. tokyopop launched the manga in English from 2004 to 2009, and yen press relaunched the manga into 12 updated omnibus volumes as of June 2016.
Source: Comic Natalie
Leave a Reply